Unanswered: Force report to one page wide?

I've looked around and can't find anything on this. I want to make my report fit on one page wide just like Excel does. I know there isn't an easy way to do this, but there has to be a bit of code or something out there. Anyone? Or do you think that it would just be easier for me to export my reports to Excel and use the better report formating from there? BTW, my reports are fairly complicated, so doing the excel way would take some time.

thanks to all who help. This is a great site to get and give help.
    dan

Time to ask a dumb question:

Have you gont in design mode and played with the controls to attempt to get them to fit on one landscaped page?

Not a dumb question at all. I should have made that clearer. Yes, I have messed with that. The real problem is that I'm out of real estate and one of my fields gets pretty big and gets cut off by the field size. I've have made the text size pretty small trying to save room. I'd like to let that field get bigger, but the report shrink or zoom to pagefit.

Provided Answers: 1
    Set that particular fields cangrow property to true?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Again, a good suggestion. The report generated has a varying column count. I have it to fit for about 8 columns, but I just found out that there is the possibility that there could be more required. If I reduce the field sizes to fit more columns, you can't read the info.

Quote Originally Posted by d33
    Again, a good suggestion. The report generated has a varying column count. I have it to fit for about 8 columns, but I just found out that there is the possibility that there could be more required. If I reduce the field sizes to fit more columns, you can't read the info.
    Is there a possibility of going to a larger paper size? Legal or Tabloid?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Well you would run into all the problems you mentioned if you tried to programatically change your report.

My suggestion is to move the big text boxes "down a little" and set the can grow/shrink. So for example if each of the following word was a control you may have:

[NAME] [Date] [ID] [AGE] [GENDER]
    [BREIF DESCRIPTION OF EXPERIENCE]

between lines and borders you should be able to get something that looks good.

It's on legal.
    I think I've pretty much hit the wall. Bosses just don't get how hard a simple question can be.

Quote Originally Posted by d33
    It's on legal.
    I think I've pretty much hit the wall. Bosses just don't get how hard a simple question can be.
    Ok. Well, drawing upon my vast report creation experience ... Design this sucker for the worst case and then let it shrink down ... What is the minimum size paper to have a readable report for your worst case?

Tip: What about splitting it into 2 reports? I have a quarterly detail report (on Tabloid) that has each quarter as a separate report (they run sequentially upon closing of the previous quarter) ..
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I've hit the bottom of my talents, that's for sure. I have about 18 columns that get populated as required across the page. If they are blank, they aren't printed. So, some times it looks as though half the page is blank.
    Ack! Can you believe it. My boss is changing other stuff now! He's killing me.
    Anyways, this is the report that they want printed. No shorter. So I'm kinda stuck with the size of it. I think I might just try to let the field grow down in order to keep the width of the page down. But that doesn't really help me much if I were to need 20 columns and I only have room for 18.