Question Unanswered: Problems with inserting subreports

I am fairly new to report design, although I have been creating some complicated forms and have had not trouble with getting subforms to work.

However, when I try to insert a subreport into a report, I either get no result or the control box fills with all the records in the subreport, not just the related records that I want to go with that particular master record.

I have tried several ways to get this to work with no improvement, and I have tried to find reading material on the subject, but most of the material seems to deal with creating forms, not with creating reports. Most of it says that you should be able to take what you learned in creating forms and apply it to designing reports -- obviously not so.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me with this problem -- or at least point me in the direction of some good tutorials on reports and subreports, not forms?

can you be more specific about what you are trying and the problems you're experiencing? In general, like in forms, you link the main report with the subreport using the master field and secundary field properties of the subreport.
    Access will show in the subreport the records whose value (in the field you have selected in the secundary field property) equal the value that the current record has in the main report (in the field you selected in the master field record).
    Hope I was clear enough.