Thread: Install Mysql

Unanswered: Install Mysql

I am trying to install Mysql. When I tried to run server I clicked at file winmysqladmin.exe, it asked for username and password. What should I do.
    What is username and password !!!

I use IIS to run PHP.

If I recall - the default logon is "root" without a password. Then you can change it... and I highly recommend changing it - and adding users with specific rights.

HI
    The first time I enter username "root" and I tried to leave password. But it said need password. So I wrote something. Then it OK (light green). But when I when I run PhpMyadmin. Then page show Welecome phpMyadmin but when it all the link in this page does't work.

I wonder something which mysql should I install because there are 3 type
    mysql-4.0.21-win.zip, mysql-4.1.5-gamma-e, mysql-4.1.5-gamma win. I tried
    mysql-4.0.21-win.zip.

I am sorry - but I am not a PHP coder... I use VB.NET, VB 6, simple ASP.

if you are using phpMyAdmin for the first time, there are some settings in config.inc.php (in the phpMyAdmin directory) which you should adjust e.g. "phpMyAdmin url", and "Authentication method".

mysql-4.0.21-win.zip sounds fine.

mysql-4.1.5-gamma is no doubt a newer version of MySQL but as it has gamma in the file name I would guess that it is not a production stable release.... gamma and beta refer to software versions that are still being tested.
    Last edited by yellowmarker; 10-03-04 at 20:13.