Unanswered: Certification: Looking for advise

Hi All

I have been working with Ms access Database the last four years and have gained a lot of experience which help me to have extensive knowledge of Jet, Dao and Ado. Since The Begining of this year i hv been migrating to SQL server server and for that i bought two books :Programming Access project file with Microsoft Sql server and Access Developers Guide to Ms sql server : Chipman & Baron ( this oner is simply a great achievement ). They help me out in the very near past to complety migrate a two database approch Jet Application to a reliable (Adp/ SQL Server client server ) where major parts of the code business logic has been transfered to run on the server as stored procedures and all forms re-built as unbound. these merely leads to a great enhancement of the applications.

My goal now is register to MCDBA and get the certification. I am not interested by classroom training from Microsoft Parterns or online training. I am looking for books that can help to get well prepared for the exams.

Have found this two books in Amazon:

1 - MCAD/MCSE/MCDBA Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database Design and Implementation, Exam 70-229, Second Edition

2- MCSA/MCSE/MCDBA Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 System Administration, 70-228, Second Edition

However their rating didn't encourage me to place directly my orders.

Does someone have any experience with them ?

Do you think they will considerably help me to add value to my knowledge of SQL Server and get ready for the exam ?

Do you know some others books you woul rather encourage me to buy ?

Any advice in this regards really appreciated.
    Benone

Transcender

www.transcender.com

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?

The MS Press books are not the best for learning. Try the Que or Sybex books for learning the material while preparing for certification. Make sure you get hands-on experience with all the examples and labs as you read the books. Use Transcender after reading the books to assess your readiness to take the test. Good luck!