Unanswered: About Uninstallation DB2 V8.1 on Windows Server

I tried to uninstall DB2 on my Windows 2003 Server.

I am trying to install DB2 V8.1 On my Windows 2003 Server. But it is showing following error :-

[Another version of this product is already installed.
    Installation of this version cannot continue. To
    configure or remove the existing version of this product,
    user Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel].

But If I install DB2 V7.1 it is installing proper. But I want install V8.1.

I tried to using Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel. But there were not seems any previous installation of DB2.

It seems any previous DB2 version installed on my server. But I coudn't find any previous installation.

How do reolve this problem. Is Any body got the solution for this.

Pls. send me soon.....It is very urgent...I couldn't not install DB2 on my server. [How do remove if any previous installed from windows registry as i couldn't seems any previous in control panel add/remove option.

thanks in advance.
    mike.

(1)Uninstall all Db2 products from Add/remove programs.
    (2)Rename/Remove all previous sqllib directory from server.
    (3)Remove registry entries related to DB2. ( Search registery using "db2" and remove entries that indicates previous db2 versions.)

Also, it is possible that your system may have DB2 v8.1 run-time client/admin client installed and when you try to install ESE it is failing. You should uninstall all DB2 v8.1 products before installing ESE 8.1

Red face Uninstallation of Db2 V8 from Windows

Hi

(1)Uninstall all Db2 products from Add/remove programs.
    (2)Rename/Remove all previous sqllib directory from server.
    (3)Remove registry entries related to DB2. ( Search registery using "db2" and remove entries that indicates previous db2 versions.)

I tried all the possibilities to uninstallation Db2 products it is inlcluding your above three options also.

After that I had remove some db2 entries from windows registry. But still it is showing me same error. Becauze I didn't seems any DB2 installed package in my Add Remove option.

Can you suggest me which parameter needs to be remove from windows registry to clean uninstalling db2. It is very very urgent.

Thaking you in Advanced.

Bye
    mike.

DB2 version information store at following path in registery.

Hkey_Local_Machine --> Software --> IBM --> DB2 --> Current Version.

Usually, these registery entries are deleted when you uninstall DB2 products.
    If you found this entries that means your uninstallation of DB2 was not proper.
    Delete this entries,reboot server and try to install DB2 again.

Other alternative is to reinstall windows and start fresh.