Unhappy Unanswered: cannot preview in browser

Some time ago i moved my web site and having never done so the new setup was painfull with all the little things I needed to do but I got there eventually.

So the web site is in a working condition,released and being used.

However if I want to preview the web site localy by hitting F12 the page cann't find the server and therefore can't be displayed that was fine for the time being but now that I need to do some changes technically I would have to do the changes and release the web site out on the interent in order to see my changes,obviously I can't do that,because previewing in it locally helps go through errors.

I was told to look at the properties of IIS on my server which I have done but I don't see anything there.

Then i was trying to find my local IP by running winipcfg but then I get an error that the winipcfg file or some of its components can't be found,coudn't really find much on the internet about it,so now I am stuck and need some kind of a suggestion.

Hopefully somebody has one.

regards

I'm not quite sure what you are refering to about "previewing the site locally" and pushing F12 to achieve this.

What tools are you using??

Well, I realise my web pages according to which one has changed,but when I am creating web pages,making changes that I open up dreamweaver on my pc, and the web site is located under my pc C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\'name' and do the work,and then I run it to see if I have any errors, and if not I realise the changes.

If you open up or hightlight one of your pages and run it by hitting F12 function key, try it, it enables you to preview the web site,run it locally and that is what I mean, and i can't do that since I have moved the web site, which I think i pc related that i am running it on but i can't figure out what exaclty.

Okie, unfortunately I don't know anything about how dreamweaver works or how it sets things up.

Have you tried previewing your local site using something like ie or netscape to see what errors it comes up with? You should be able to use http://localhost/'name' to access the site in theory.