Exclamation Unanswered: Arrr, no cell for IsNull, does it matter? HELP!

Hi

I've got a problem with a form, it displays the result of a query.....the query selects all the records from a table in the DB that have a date smaller than today (ie expired) and where another field in the record is null. so in a nutshell it displays all the records that have expired but still haven't been updated.

Ok well that works fine

I want the form that displays this data to pop-up at the start with the menu (kinda like a reminder that there are records that need updating)

so I thought the code would be simple.....

Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    Dim nulltest As String
    Nulltest = isnull(Date)
    If nulltest = True Then
    DoCmd.Close
    End If

End Sub

now this works fine when the query brings back some results, the screen pops up fine, however when the query brings back no results it still opens!!!!

I've tried swappins is false for is true but that doesn't do anything, I've even tried running the code on the menu form that opens this 'Reminder' form.

This may sound stupid but when there are no results in the query there are no cells.....how can the IsNull function work on a cell if it doesn't exist?

Please help someone!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Last edited by mikebailey_uk; 10-05-04 at 06:03.

maybe one of the problem is that you have "nulltest as String", i think you have to do it as "boolean" to ask this line "If nulltest = True Then"
    dont know if that helps im just a beginner to that programming
    good luck with it though