Unanswered: Need Search form for my database

I need a main search form for my database.

The database only has 2 linked tables which have a form called "tbl_personal_details" with a subform inside it called "tbl_area_history)

The first table (frm_personal_details) shows peoples name, ID#, age, dob, area_living_in etc

The second table (frm_area_history) shows where they came from (6 areas where they came from) plus some other fields.

I need a search form with some comboboxes to drop down which list all the areas in the tbl_area_history table.

Then when you select an area from the combobox a subform on the form (or something like that) shows of all the people in that particular area. Then I want to click on one of those people and this will load up all their details on an existing form ('personal_details' form)

Any ideas or links to designing a good search form? Im not really into SQL or anything like that.

Cheers

Tom

you can create a search on the main form itself. if you have a form based on frm_personal_details (should be tbl_personal_details ???) that displays all of the fields (including the PK) then you can search within that very form.

you can do a 'filter by selection' or create an unbound combo box.

for filter by selection first find a record that contains an 'area' you want to search for. then put your cursor in the area field and click on 'filter by selection' on the form toolbar. this will filter your form and only show people from that area. click the filter button (looks like a funnel) to turn it off and show all records again.

if you want a combo box on your form, put a new combo box on your form (unbound) and attach a query to it that selects all areas. in the after update event of the combo box you want to:
    GoToControl = PK (the PK field on your 'areas' form)
    FindRecord = nameofcombobox

w

you can create a search on the main form itself. if you have a form based on frm_personal_details (should be tbl_personal_details ???) that displays all of the fields (including the PK) then you can search within that very form.

you can do a 'filter by selection' or create an unbound combo box.

for filter by selection first find a record that contains an 'area' you want to search for. then put your cursor in the area field and click on 'filter by selection' on the form toolbar. this will filter your form and only show people from that area. click the filter button (looks like a funnel) to turn it off and show all records again.

if you want a combo box on your form, put a new combo box on your form (unbound) and attach a query to it that selects all areas. in the after update event of the combo box you want to (in a macro):
    GoToControl = PK (the PK field on your 'areas' form)
    FindRecord = nameofcombobox

w