Thread: IIS Server

Unanswered: IIS Server

I have a SQL Database that is used for storage for an application located on a IIS server.

The users are having a hard time running reports, and automatically assume that it is the SQL Database. I have look in all of the logs, I have done a dbcc checkdb and everything looks fine.

However when I go to the IIS server itself in the event logs there are all sorts of error like the one below:

Error occurred in file:
    'D:\teamtrack\Source\Servers\NotificationServer\NS ServerEvents.cpp', line 611.
    Resource Msg Id = 474

An error occurred while connecting to
    the server.

Message id 38340 could not be sent to (email_address.com.

Does this seems like a sql problem?

Please advise.

Lystra

SQL Server and IIS do not play well on the same server. You may have to throttle SQL Server's use of memory on the box so that IIS is not memory starved. Search the KnowledgeBase site or Google the microsoft.public.* groups with IIS , SQL Server, and memory keywords.

This sounds reminiscent of a question in the microsoft admin test that I took years ago.

HTH

Tom

Thanks Tom,

It is not on the same server. I am getting error like below:

Exception occurred in file:
    'D:\teamtrack\Source\Db\AppRecord.cpp', line 2827.
    Resource Msg Id = 451

The '' record could not be updated in the 'Support Services' database table.

No rows were affected by the update or delete operation.

It looks like a update issue. How should I go about troubleshooting this problem?????

Lystra

Provided Answers: 11
    In order to narrow down if this is a SQL server problem, or an IIS/Application problem, you coudl get profiler running on the SQL Server to trace all error events. The output will be somewhat confusing, as Profiler will not give you the text of the error message, and some of the messages are actually "normal". I never knew how many "Object not found" errors Enterprise manager could throw.

With this trace, you will find any overt SQL error that the database may be having. Things like the application having timeout issues would be missed by this, as Profiler will only trace server side events.

In order to catch possible timeouts, you could trace for any statement that takes more than 30,000 ms. If you see a lot of these, then you could have either poor database performance, or lock contention.

I will try using the profiler.

I ran across an article form MS Knowledge base entitled:

There many not be enought virtual memory with large number of database.

Currently the database size is 1.40 GB, and log size is 208MB.

For the server properties on the memory tab it have User a fixed memory size 1494 and the minimun query memory is fixed at 1024.

Is there a way to check to see if memory is okay for the server itself?

Thanks

Lystra

HELPPPP!!!

Does anyone have any ideas?