Question Unanswered: add column to a form table

i have one form display information from one table.
    and i need add extra column such as text box for different values with this form.

anybody know how to do it?

thanks for any help
    Last edited by huela; 10-06-04 at 16:36.

Quote Originally Posted by huela
    i have one form display information from one table.
    and i need add extra column such as text box for different values with this form.

anybody know how to do it?

thanks for any help
    Hi Huela,

Not sure I understand your question fully. Are you saying that you have a Form based on One Table and you wish to add another TextBox to that form? Is the TextBox going to hold a Value to be stored in the Table or is it going to be used for performing a Calculation?
    If it is to be a TextBox based on a Field already in your Table, then just go to the DesignView of the Form and open your FieldList box and drag it onto the form. However, if you are using the TextBox to calculate something, then just place a TextBox on the form and within in place your Calculation/Expression. Let me know if this helped any.

have a nice one,
    Bud

Hi, Bud:
    Thank you for your reply.
    It's second situation. I am not rally do the calculation. I just want to add one column of texas box then i can do any value i want, could consider as calculation.

My problem here is, if i input one value in one text box, all the text box in this column will changed to same value.
    If i delete one value of the text box, all column of the text box will be deleted.

The result i want is only be changed on one of the text box, not all.

Do you know how to solve this problem.

Thank you very much

Talking

Hi again Heula,

Also say howdy there pardna....we are both in Dallas, Texas. There is definitely something wrong in your database. If you could, Zip your database down and Post it here on the forum. That way I can get a good look at it (as well as others ) and see if I can fix it for you. But there is something wrong in how your tables are set up. Kinda lost because you want the TextBox to just be there for whatever future purpose you might think of? You need to know what you really need. Reason? A TextBox within itself might not be what you need. Ask, How do you know you need a TextBox? Why not a ComboBox or a CheckBox.....see what I mean. You have to ask these questions kinda early on in your Design stage, although changes can sometimes be made later on. I would like to help but would need to see exactly what you have. When you post your database, if you do, explain how it works and the results you expect. Will do my best to help.

have a good day,
    Bud

Bud, thanks a lot. Dallas cheer
    I know i confuse you. In fact, there is one people ask the question couple days ago. And i didn't work out by using that way, and want to use a simple way.

Here is the project:

I have one subform to display data from tableA with many records. And I want to add two columns in that form: one column is check box to allow user select or deselect multipe records and another column with whatever textbox or label which i can record each record's primary key.
    The result i expected, after i click one button, i know user select which records and get the value of the records.

Here is what i thought. one way is to use array to take the information for each record.
    the second way is to create a table to record all the information. The way i prefer to use is use array since i have serveral subforms to deal with different tables but similar function and i don't want to create bunch of new tables.
    But since I can't make it work, any way will be great if i can make it work.

right now, my problem is: i can't put the new created table value into this subform.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks again, Bud.
    Last edited by huela; 10-07-04 at 14:44.

this file is the screen.

Thanks a lot for any help
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by huela; 10-07-04 at 14:40.