Thread: Run the job

Unanswered: Run the job

I have question, in sql server i created a job to import data and schedule it on every night, But now i want to run again as the original data has been changed. I don't want to wait tonight, How can i do this? After i run one time, i still want this job to run on schedule.
    Another question, after i create the job, can i see the content of the job as i want to modify.
    Last edited by yyu; 10-07-04 at 11:21.

Yes you can,

You just right click on the job and choose start job.

and it will run that instance and it will run again according to the schedule you have set for it.

Lystra

Thanks, i got it. I had a question, Can i see the content of the job as this job was created long time ago, i want to modified, How can i see the content? Thanks again!

Double click on the job, click on the step tab and double click on the step you want to see.

Lystra

Thank, i tried to use your way to run the job once, it didn't work, i found when i create a job, it also create local package, so i have go the DTS folder then click the local package, right click the package i want to run then execute the package, then it worked, why i right the job to start the job it didn't work?

You said a job, But if it is a DTS package you can excute it directly from the package.

As for the 'job create a local package' it's the other way around, a local packages create a job if you add a schedule.

Thanks

Lystra

Thank you very much!