Unanswered: Search form & results in SubForm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this database since I am quite new to Access. I have this db with a whole bunch of fields (Names, Serial numbers, Makes etc) and I would like to make a search form that will post the results in a subform.

Can someone give me a run-down and probably the logic in making it happen?
    The design part is easy. The problem comes when I have to code the Search button and to write the SQL string.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: using Access 2000

Question

Help? Pleease!

This is not a lot of detail to go on ... Where is this subform? How many selection criteria do you have? From what table (or tables) are you trying to match from?

Setting up a selection form is easy. Just add buttons, checkboxes, textboxes, comboboxes, and listboxes for the search elements as appropriate ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

details

I am sorry. I will try to explain it in details.

I have 4 tables (not related ---> no relations). Each is representing inventory on some kind of hardware. I want to create search forms for each of them to look into the tables for the Name, Serial Number, Make, Model, Current Owner.
    I created 2 forms. 1 subform which shows the table as a datasheet and 1 main unbounded form where the search fields are. Also, I embeded the subform in the main one.

Now here is what I do not know how to do: I would like to hit the search button and the results from search in the main form to be displayed in the subform. I know I have to create a query first and then build a SQL string in the search button but I am not sure how (codewise)

Thank you for the help

a