Real-Time Database

hi,

i'm researching for real-time database about its concept, history and current developments. can anyone help me to find some usefull resources? i'm having a hard time here...

thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by zhangrong09
    hi,

i'm researching for real-time database about its concept, history and current developments. can anyone help me to find some usefull resources? i'm having a hard time here...

thanks,
    Mike
    Well, first, can you tell me about how many pages this essay is supposed to be? How many entries do you need to have in the bibliography?

hmmm around 5-6 pages... bibliography should be at least 10 sources

You could try posting your question at dbforums and see if someone else will provide an answer.

Is it me, or is this thread becoming somewhat surreal?

Is it me, or is this thread becoming somewhat surreal?

Yes. I'd say that surreal is the word for the occasion.

all databases are real-time

personally, the only unreal-time databases i've ever seen are in science fiction
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

There does appear to be a concept called a "real-time database" though, as I found by Googling (a practice the OP might want to adopt):

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~vadb/

real Time databases

I've just joined this forum today to get information on databases to manage streaming data. I've found a lot of information by researchers in this area that supports the case for their developement and deployment, but no material from anybody that believes that a RDBMS can handle this type of data. Some of the research papers on the implementations can be found by googling for STREAM, Aurora, TelegraphCQ, and ATLAS.
    Does anyone know of any papers from researchers that debunk the DSMS (Data Stream Management System) proponents?