Thread: Do you know?

Do you know?

Hi guys,
    I came across following interesting facts and thought of sharing it with you all . If you know any just feel free to add it here:

Broccoli was first introduced into France during the royal marriage of Catherine de Medici to Henry II of France.

Tomatoes were once referred to as "love apples." This is because their was a superstition that people would fall in love by eating them.

According to legend, tea originated in China when tea leaves accidentally blew into a pot of boiling water.

A common custom in Spain is to eat one grape for each of the last 12 seconds of every year for good luck.

By federal law, for a noodle to actually be a noodle it must have 5.5 percent egg solids in it, otherwise it cannot be called a noodle.
    Priyanka
    Windows web hosting with ASP,.Net,PHP,Perl,MySQL support
    We help in making your dreams come true on internet!

>According to legend, tea originated in China when tea leaves accidentally blew into a pot of boiling water.
    So if tea was not originated prior to this, what were "Tea" Leaves used for? Just trying to imagine what they had all these piles of leaves around pots of boiling water for I guess it was bound to happen... another thought, What did they drink in China before this tea leave incident?

>By federal law, for a noodle to actually be a noodle it must have 5.5 percent egg solids in it, otherwise it cannot be called a noodle.
    Has anyone tried LOW CARB pasta??? YUK! This stuff can't possibly have any actual food content in it. I guess they get around the Noodle Law by calling it "Pasta".
    ~

Bill

Did you know, that would have made a pefect yak corral post?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

but look at the size of it brett! this one has scope to really expand...

A common custom in Spain is to eat one grape for each of the last 12 seconds of every year for good luck.

Interesting!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by priyanka-m6.net
    By federal law, for a noodle to actually be a noodle it must have 5.5 percent egg solids in it, otherwise it cannot be called a noodle.
    Its against vegetarians. Is it?

Madhivanan

Quote Originally Posted by Madhivanan
    Its against vegetarians. Is it?

Madhivanan
    yes. Everyone knows that noodles HATE vegetarians.
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

So... the appendages of the FSM are 5.5% egg solid?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    No, no, NO!!!

The FSM is not bound by terrestrial rules, and could "fudge" them with a simple twitch of an appendage even if the rules applied. While I personally believe that there is at least 5.5%, that is not binding on the FSM in any way, shape, or form!

-PatP

Ok - but if his noodley appendages were other than 5.5% egg solid then the federal law would be exposed as fallacious. His appendages are indisputably noodley ergo any definition indicating otherwise cannot have any credence.

FSMs appendages are the final word on noodlyness - not the ravings of some crackpot secular politician.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

..but only in the US, as despite Washingtons best endeavours federal law doesn't apply outside US terratory.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by priyanka-m6.net
    So, does that mean that by federal law, for a pootle to actually be a pootle it must have 5.5 percent flump in it, otherwise it cannot be called a pootle.

just curious...

The Arkansas legislature passed a law that states that the Arkansas River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.

Perhaps someone should inform the river about that law and just who gets arrested if it does go over the bridge. The mayor? The rain? The hurricane? Probably me...sigh!
    One can never stop learning if they open their eyes every morning with optimism and hope...Bill R. Loy
    I have a 8 gigabyte mind in a 80 gigabyte world something is bound to be forgotten as I age serenely into senilaity....

Morath
    No matter what, the earth keeps spinning.