Unanswered: Disappearing Relationships

My relationships have disappeared, and I can't get them to show up. I can list them by iterating through the relations collection by they are not visible on the screen. I have tried the show all selection with no luck. Has this happened to anybody else. If so how did you fix it?

try to import your database into a new clean one?
    ghozy.

did you create the relationships? use the relationships window and drag and drop PKs to FKs.

Importing to a clean database with the track name autocorrect shut off seems to have fixed the problem. I originally tried without shutting the autocorrect off and only got part of my relationships to return. So that autocorrect error thing must be legit. Are there any circumstances where a relationship can be created without being specified in the relationships screen? Like through a query or something else.

I iterated through the relationships in code and more appear there than I set up. I'm not sure what would cause that. But the problem is that some of them seem to have been duplicated. The duplicates do not show up in the relationship window.

Did you happen to split your database? The same thing happened to me yesterday. It seems that if you split your database you will have two sets of relationships, one at the backend and one at the front end. This was obvious after I re-setup the relationships in both places and found that everything was duplicated when I started up the front end and checked the relationships. I solved the problem by backing up the database tables, emptying the backup copy of its data, then creating append queries for my tables in the original database to import the data into the new database with the relationships redone. I also made sure the front end had no relationships set up between the linked tables. This is a strange problem that is no where on Microsoft’s support site. Well at least I couldn’t find it. If this happens again, I could fix the problem in minutes because I have the append queries set up in the new database as well.
    Last edited by Lord Willix; 10-22-04 at 16:09.