Unanswered: Form letter using a form

Hello. I need to know if there is an easy way to create form letters WITHIN access itself. I would prefer to not have to go into word and use mail merge.
    It seems to me like there should be a way to do something like this with an access form or report:

Dear [Name],

Thank you for purchasing [Product] on [BillingDate] blah blah blah.

Sincerely,

The Management

Couldn't you put all of this as a label, and then use some special syntax like <<FieldName>>, or [FieldName] to grab the appropriate data?? I know this is easily accomplished with filemaker pro, and also using mail merge in word, but I was just wondering if it could be done in an access form or report? Thanks for your help.

thespursfan,

This should be possible. I would investigate using the OnFormat event when printing your report (i.e. letters).

The underlying result set for the report would contain Name, Product, BillingDate and as many parameter values as necessary to control the formatting. Set up each paragraph as an unbound text box with its CanGrow property set to true. Then during the formatting wrap your text around Name and BillingDate and populate the text box.

Your static text can either be hard-coded into the report module or looked-up each time.
    Rod

fe_rod@hotmail.com

I am doing something similiar. Why would it be incorrect to have the body or "texts" as a labelbox. For example, <Label1> "Dear" <txtName> "John Doe". Would doing something like this not work?