Unanswered: Transaction Log Error

I unable to resolve the following error when I backup the transaction log.

BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP LOG [DatabaseName] TO DISK = 'D:\MSSQL\BackUpLogFiles\DatabaseName\DatabaseName 20040810.TRN' WITH INIT , NOUNLOAD , NOSKIP , STATS = 10, NOFORMAT

The error occured for the first time after sucessful completion of a full back up. The day after the full back up job completed, the transaction log back up job ran and it failed giving the error above.

Also the tran log is 17 GB. Does this error have to do with insufficient space on the tran log back up folder?

Kindly help.

San Antonio, TX
    It could also fail if there was a non-logged operation before trx log dump and after full db backup. But space may very well be the reason too. If it's the latter, you should have gotten an "Insufficient disk space" error along with the one that you mentioned. If it was non-logged operation, - it should have mentioned that in the error log as well.A slight possibility is that the database got set to simple recovery mode which is not trackable, unless you enable an alert on that (check the recovery mode and make sure it's Full or Bulk-Logged)
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."