Unanswered: What is wrong with this?

Hi

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this?
    Startdate and enddate values are from combo boxes.

SELECT visits.* FROM visits WHERE (([visits.visitdate] BETWEEN '"#& Me.startdate.Value &#"' AND '"#& Me.EndDate.Value &#"')) AND (([visits.repname])='Peter');

thanks

mat

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by funkkube
    Hi
    SELECT visits.* FROM visits WHERE (([visits.visitdate] BETWEEN '"#& Me.startdate.Value &#"' AND '"#& Me.EndDate.Value &#"')) AND (([visits.repname])='Peter');

mat
    Try

SELECT visits.* FROM visits WHERE (([visits.visitdate] BETWEEN # " & Me.startdate & " # AND # " & Me.EndDate & " # )) AND (([visits.repname])='Peter');

Provided Answers: 1
    I didn't care about baranthes

no joy

Hi
    thanks for your help but still no joy..

And with this syntax ?
    SELECT visits.* FROM visits WHERE visits.visitdate BETWEEN #" & Me.startdate.Value & "# AND #" & Me.EndDate.Value & "# AND visits.repname='Peter';

General Advice

Whenever I get a bit of SQL code that doesn't work I put it into a variable, e.g.

mySQL = "SELECT visits.* FROM visits WHERE visits.visitdate BETWEEN #" & Me.startdate.Value & "# AND #" & Me.EndDate.Value & "# AND visits.repname='Peter';"

Put a break in the code, use the debug or immediate window to see the code, (print mySQL). highlight it and copy it. Open a new query in SQL view. Past the code and run it. Very often the error is highlighted with a better message than you get in the code.

Hope this helps.