Exclamation Unanswered: Calculated text boxes

I have a text box on a form that calculates a person's total bill. My goal is to generate a report that will display everyone with a balance greater than 0. Because the text box is calculated and not bound to any fields, I cannot add it to a report. How do I go about storing binding that calculated text box to a field so that I can store it and generate a report?

Provided Answers: 1
    Can not you make the computation in the Report?

Quote Originally Posted by hammbakka
    Can not you make the computation in the Report?
    I'm sure I could, but the problem is in determining who to bill and at what time. I need to be able to run a query first to gather all accounts together that currently have a balance greater than 0. In order to do this, I figured I would have to have those balances stored somewhere.

Provided Answers: 1
    Then make a create Table query, compute all what you need, this will be stored in a table which you coud use to show your Report

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by smacdonaldnc
    I have a text box on a form that calculates a person's total bill. My goal is to generate a report that will display everyone with a balance greater than 0. Because the text box is calculated and not bound to any fields, I cannot add it to a report. How do I go about storing binding that calculated text box to a field so that I can store it and generate a report?
    Hi smacdonaldnc,

You have basically done it already. Firstly, is your form based on a Query? If not, it should be. Let's say right now your Form shows all bills for all persons no matter the amount. Your Query is to be set up for that particular purpose without any criteria. NOW, for the sake of a Report to show only those with actual balances or greater than "0", create a copy of the same Query you are using and name it a bit different maybe just for fun ReportQuery, and in the Criteria area place this: >0
    That will give you then only bills with amounts over 0 in them. You already have the values stored that you need, you are only now calculating them as needed. No need to store that as well. Well, it's up to you but really no need to as you will always be able to get them later on. Now, as far as who to bill and at what time? That's something you have to think about and decide as to what will actually determine that for you. Who to bill can be for instance, I need to bill those with a certain dollar amount, or need to bill those past a certain date. There are so many ways you can want that done...but you have to think that part through first, then later on we can help you figure out a way to make it work for you.
    Hope this helps some,
    Bud