I got a table (Postinfotable) which looks like this :

Postnr | Poststed
    -------------------
    0010 Oslo
    0456 Oslo
    2800 Gjovik
    2850 Raufoss
    -------------------

In my ASP page, i want to make the user to input (text field) a "Postnr" and when user exits/refresh/onBlur (or anything) the field, it should run a sql query against the Postinfotable with "Postnr" to lookup the correct "Poststed" for that "Postnr" and insert that into the "Postnummer" form-field..

How can this be done ?
    If someone has a URL/Webpage/Metods to use i'd be extremely happy.. kinda stuck with this

Best regards
    Terje
    Best regards
    Mirador

sounds kinda like a basic homework/assignment question to me.... you probably want to do a google search on something like "asp database queries"

Solution :

Yea.. u prolly right, but i've googled this for quite many hours.. Might be that i lack brain to find correct searchwords though

But.. the good news is that i managed to work it out..

Solution :

using OnChange() event on the "Postnr" field, which triggers a function with an IFRAME (which is _not_ a popup), with "postnr" as parameter.
    Using Request.GetParameter("postnr") and put it in a temp variable.
    Then i build the SQL query with the temp variable and picks out the Postnr, followed by putting the value into a hidden field on the "IFRAME" form.

End it all with sending the value to the parent form and closing the window..

Voila..
    Best regards
    Mirador