Unanswered: Urgent Query Problem

Hello,

I have a table with 6 different fields. two of them are numbers from celular phones. One the phones owned by a company and the other field is related to destination calls, i have about 60000 records.

I need to make a query that filters the destination calls, in order to know who is calling from our celular phones (Field 1 ) to our celular phones (Field 2 -destination), I just need to know whos calling internly, from our cellular phones to our cellular phones.

I hope i was able to express my self correctly.

Thank You

I think I understand what you mean. You want all records where field2 is one of your phones. And field 1 happens to contain the list of all your phone numbers.

Try this:

Code:
    SELECT Calls.OurNumber, Calls.CalledNumber
    FROM Calls RIGHT JOIN Calls AS Calls_1 ON Calls.CalledNumber = Calls_1.OurNumber
    WHERE Calls.OurNumber Is Not Null;
    The point is you can re-reference the table you are using by making an alias. In this case we created the alias with "Calls AS Call_1" so we can reference fields from Calls_1 as if it were a different table.

I used OurNumber and CalledNUmber instead of Field 1 & 2 for clarity. Also the table I used is called Calls.

HTH
    Chris

Hmm, I think you need to ensure you only get unique records otherwise the query will repeat finds. Try this instead:

Code:
    SELECT DISTINCTROW Calls.ID, Calls.OurNumber, Calls.CalledNumber
    FROM Calls RIGHT JOIN Calls AS Calls_1 ON Calls.CalledNumber = Calls_1.OurNumber
    WHERE Calls.OurNumber Is Not Null;
    Chris

But where can i put this code?

In a Query?

Sorry, im quite new in working with Queries.

Thank You

Create a new blank query without adding any tables. Click on the SQL button (or View=>SQL). Paste the entire expression in there. You will need to change the expression to use your own table names and field names.

Then go to datasheet view (View=>datasheet view).

Chris

Thumbs up

Thank You.

I has able to achieve what i as looking for.

Again, Thank you.