Need to Creat a craigslist.org type website

Im looking for software that I can use to create a database driven website like craigslist.org on a unix server. I want the public to search for products and property. I want the public to be able to post adds, products and property.

database driven... on the web...
    It sounds like you need to create a MySQL database, and use Php to make it functional. I don't know if there is software that will make this job easier. I don't know how your experience is with php and databases... But for the specifics you're looking for (public interactivity of posting, creating accounts, etc..) you will probably need to create this yourself or hire someone to make it.
    ooo, ooo. pick me. ;-)
    I took a quick look at craigslist.org, and I'm hoping you are wanting to create something with a better design.. hehe.

Don't underestimate Craiglist

Hey there,

Everyone I introduce to craiglist says the same thing about the look and the feel.

Don't underestimate the look....that is the key to its success.....since finding craiglist I have found a great deal of work on it.

Also Ebay just spent millions buying 25% ownership of it.

Simple can be successful....look at google.

Kin Lane
    kin@idxbroker.com
    http://www.idxbroker.com/

Well the site is certainly full of information. Ugly design though.
    google Imho has a perfect design. As to the OP question if you are looking for software to help create a data driven web page i suggest Macromedia Dreamweaver.

Darasen
    Darasen

like craigslist

i too need a form that works like craigslist.org or backpage.com BUT the content that is posted must be password protected... see my current website at www.petrent.net to see what i need done... and let me know if you can and how much... to pm@petrent.net