Unanswered: where does MS access get its control source from for a form

I am adding a few fields to a table and there is a form that goes with that table - when I try to add a textbox to the form to display the values for those fields, the new fields do NOT come up in the control source dropdown when I click on the arrow - where are they and why don't they come up?

The fields ARE in the table..... so why don't they come up in the form with the others?

It is a pageable form that has 4 page tabs, Page 1, 2, 3 and now page 4 that I want to add the new fields on....

Thanks for your time and help

JS

check form's record source property and make surte it is not a select query.
    ghozy.

it is a Select Query, but why can't I add the other fields to the query like I did to the table and make them all available to the form?

either choose the table from pull down menu, or click ... next to the record source and add the fields you want to the query.
    ghozy.

Hi JumboShrimp,

Without knowing exactly how your table is set up this should be what is. Whatever field you have in your Table can be pulled into your Form. It is really a very good thing to base Forms/Reports on Queries. That being said, when you Add the new fields to your Table, you now need to go to that Query and Add them there as well. Next, when you go to your form in DesignView, Click on the FieldList in the Toolbar and Drag those fields onto your form. Much easier than creating a New TextBox(as it sounds you might be doing) and trying to find the ControlSource when the FieldList box will have the ControlSource already attached to it when you place it on your form.

hope this helps you out,
    have a nice one,
    Bud