Unanswered: My Row Source Delimma

Here is my delimma,

I have, in a form, a drop down box from which I select a district. In the next box, I have another drop down, which lists all the counties in our state. What I am trying to acheive is, when I select a particular district, that I get only the counties assigned to that district. Example: I select District 2 in my first drop down, which will then be only populated with the counties in District 2.

I already have my tables set with the District number and the Counties assigned, ready to link, however, I can't get them to match!! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

the rowsource should be a query or sql statement that selects the counties from your table where district number is [forms]!{yourformnamehere]![yourdistrictcomboboxnamehere]

So that string goes in district number column criteria of your query design, or sql statement design.

Jeremy Brooks
    PSIA-RM

below is what my row source looks like, when I attempt, it tells me... Characters found after end of SQL statment.

SELECT [DISTRICT-COUNTY BREAKDOWN].COUNTY FROM [DISTRICT-COUNTY BREAKDOWN]; WHERE DISTRICT NUMBER IS [FORMS]![FATALITIES]![DISTRICT]

Did I use the wrong brackets, or am I missing something?

SELECT [district-county breakdown].County
    FROM [district-county breakdown]
    WHERE ((([district-county breakdown].county)=[FORMS]![FATALITIES]![DISTRICT]))

Should work

Sorry, I forgot what we were trying to accomplish....This should work

SELECT [district-county breakdown].county, [district-county breakdown].district
    FROM [district-county breakdown]
    WHERE ((([district-county breakdown].district)=[FORMS]![FATALITIES]![DISTRICT]));

Thank you. I am only having one problem now, it sometimes doesn't change the county, when I add a new record and change the district, it keeps the previous county listing. I have to close after adding a record, then reopen to refresh it. Any ideas? I just copied and pasted your string in the row source box, so I shouldn't have done anything to mess that up, but I will copy it here just in case.

SELECT [district-county breakdown].county, [district-county breakdown].district FROM [district-county breakdown] WHERE ((([district-county breakdown].district)=FORMS!FATALITIES!DISTRICT));

Add this code to the update event of whatever you're doing that's not refreshing the comboboxes.

me![whateverthenameofthecombothatsnotrefreshinghere].requery

That should do it

jeremy

Add this code to the update event of whatever you're doing that's not refreshing the comboboxes.

me![whateverthenameofthecomboboxthatsnotrefreshinghere].requery

That should do it

jeremy