Unanswered: ASE 12.5 on windows 2003

1. i give up! i don't know why i couldn't start the server in the service manager (services) of win2003. Is there a compatibility issue when installing ASE 12.5 in a windows 2003 server?

2. is there a way i can execute the .bat file located in sybase\ase_12.5\install but will not show the cmd (command prompt) program.

thnx in advance!

I have the same problem with Sybase ASE 11.9 and Windows 2003 Server. I want to start the service automatic, but it doesn't start

Any ideas ?

Have you looked in the errorlog file the source of the problem. The file is located sybase\ASE-12_5\install. In this directory you should see the other batch files that you could launch to determine if the problem is W2K3 or a setup error with Sybase.

I am having this same issue. I upgraded a W2k server running 12.5 and now the service will not start. If just give a generic windows error and Sybase error log does not give any hint of a problem.

However, the batch file lauches the server just fine and applications work against the db just fine.

Sybase Central does not recognize the batch file launch as running and insist on trying to start the service.

I suspect some security change but have not been able to nail it down. I have tried starting the service with various admin accounts, domain admin account and local system accounts.

I'm stumped at the moment.

It's caused by Windows 2003.

Since Windows 2003 modified the interface of service calling, ASE ( lower than 12.5) could not start from Service any more.
    For ASE 12.5, you should apply the latest EBF. Then you can start it from Service.
    For ASE below 12.5, you can start ASE in CLI(Command Line Interface).