Unanswered: IBM UniVerse, XOOPS, and MySQL

Hi,

I've been using UniVerse since it first came out, having worked for Ultimate Corp and MDCSC both before that. Never found a thing I couldn't do with UV (EASILY) -- until now. I've got a couple of web sites using XOOPS as the content manager (http://www.mybigfamily.us and http://www.todayzgraze.com) with a homegrown client-server connection to UV. (The "Genealogy Tools" menu on the former and the "Yesterdayz Graze" menu on the latter are handled by UV with a touch of PHP in between.)

I'd like to be able from UV to get at the XOOPS MySQL data tables. Has anyone successfully CONNECTed a MySQL table to UV? All's I need to do is LOOK at them, not to manipulate them. Right now I'm using mysqldump -X to produce an XML dump of the table in question, then using UV's XML parsing capabilities to get what I'm after. Clumsy, but effected. A nice CONNECTion would have to be faster and neater.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks!
    Bill

Hi - use the bci in universe/unidata - I have used it to connect to, view and update MySql tables on Nt and Linux. I know other people have used it on many different databases. You can get the manuals from the IBM site. Also there is a ODBC.DEMO in the demo account.

Good luck

Hi - use the bci in universe/unidata - I have used it to connect to, view and update MySql tables on Nt and Linux. I know other people have used it on many different databases. You can get the manuals from the IBM site. Also there is a ODBC.DEMO in the demo account.

Good luck

Urgent requirement for Technical Lead - Unidata/Universe

Hi,

We are in urgent need of Unidata Technical Lead for our Offshore Development Facility.

Position: Technical Lead - Unidata / Universe

Experience Level: 4+ Years

Required Skill:

• Strong skills with Unidata / Universe, Pick Basic and UNIX
    • Strong programming skills with PICK BASIC
    • Proven ability to multi-task, able to support multiple concurrent projects
    • Be able to ramp up immediately
    • Strong verbal and written communication skills.
    • Should be able to handle a team

Please send across your updated profile to sanjay.dev@gmail.com as soon as possiable

Regards
    - Senthil