Unanswered: Multiple time stamp values in MSDE

Hi - I am a bit of an amatuer, but I am trying to use the EMS data Pump to get all of the data out of an Interbase 6 DB into an MSDE DB. I have managed to instal an Interbase ODBC driver, and I ca connect to it and then automatically create the tables in my MSDE DB, but I get an error stating that there cannot be multiple Timestamp columns in the MSDE databse. Is this true ?

Are you sure you need TIMESTAMP fields? Could it be that you only need multiple DATETIME fields? Besides, the reason you can't have more than 1 true TIMESTAMP field per table is because ... it wouldn't make sense to have more than 1.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

I will look into that. I am just converting an old interbase databse to MSDE so that I can write another app to use its data.

Why whould it mkae no sense to have more than one timestamp field ?

I will try to convert the column to a datetime field. Thanks

TIMESTAMP is often confused for GETDATE(). The value of TIMESTAMP field is used by the engine as a row version identifier, rather then as a DATE and TIME. It's actually an auto-generated binary number that stays unique within a database, and as per definition has nothing to do with neither date nor time.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."