Unanswered: Transferring a database to a new server

I have to take a copy of a database which is in an instance of oracle 9iAS on a windows 2k server and transfer it to an instance of oracle 9iAS which is on a linux server.

I was told the easiest way to do this was by using oracle enterprise manager's import and export facilities however on the linux server I cannot find the oem (it says it is installed however when i use the path stated to go to it it doesnt exist). So i am stuck on how to do it.

Im sure this task is probably very basic but I know virtually nothing about oracle, so apologises if this problem seems trivial. Does anyone know of a good step by step bluffers guide on how to do perform the above task, or would someone like to create one for me?

any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

just run EXP/IMP at commandline. You don't need OEM.
    from windows run exp help=y <-- for commands
    from linux run imp help = y

you also could do a clone of the db (not sure if you can move files from windows OS to linux OS however):
    1. backup controlfile to trace
    2. shutdown the db
    3. copy datafiles, redo files, init.ora, the control-trace file to the linux box
    4. edit the innit.ora and controlfile script to point to locations of the datafiles you copied over
    5. set ORACLE_SID, startup nomount and run the control-file script
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...