Unanswered: Whats wrong with cursors???

Hi, I recently modified all the messages with severity 15 and 16 to be logged in windows applications log... I then discovered that my Application is generating lots of errors of type:

Error: 16945, Severity: 16, State: 1
    The cursor was not declared.

followed by

Error: 16955, Severity: 16, State: 2
    Could not create an acceptable cursor.

I think this error is occuring since a lot, but I discovered it now because I recently modified which messages are logged (I added those with severity of 15 and 16).

This error is occuring everytime (one error every 3 minutes!!)... I dont know what part of my app is having trouble, i think its a bug of sql server... Does somebody know anything about this error?

Thanks!!

Dude,

Cursors are basically nasty nasty things that we try and avoid.
    They are very resource hungry and slow the server. In some instances they are useful ( like rolling back & forth during updates and the like ) but mostly you can use temp tables and a few WHILE ( ...... ) loops work wonders for speed and flexibility.

Cheers,

SG

Thanks!!! But I'm not using cursors....I thought I was using some, but today I reviewed all my user defined functions and stored procs and i found no one.
    My "theory" is this: I'm accessing the DB with ADO 2.7, I mean, with recordsets... Am I wrong, or Recordsets are implemented with cursors ??? Occasionally my app is throwing "Automation Error" (this happens just when opening a recordset), and I have no idea whats the matter... the queries are ok. So, can this be a problem with ADO ?

Thanks!

See if this link can shed some light:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q302477/
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."