Unanswered: Combo / Dynamic Rowsource Continuous Form

Hi Everyone,

I have a continuous subform in an Access ADP on which are mounted three comboboxes, the first combo sets dynamic rowsource for the remaining two but I can only seem to get it to work for every record on the form rather than be record dependant and hence matching the data driving which of the combo values is to be displayed from the database.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have comboboxes with independent rowsources per record and whether this then depends on whether the rowsource has been set using a parameter driven Stored Procedure or directly using an SQL statement. I read that the SP method is preferred but whatever I try (i.e. using first combo with same name as variable in SP verses using the implicit VBA reference) I seem to get the same rowsource for every combobox in each position.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks!

Using comboboxes in continuous forms requires that the combobox be boud to a column on the underlying form ... If this is done then you can set the rowsource for each row independent of other rows ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Thanks for your reply.

I am finding that the rowsource works for all rows in the continuous form regardless of whether the control is bound to the underlying datasource or not. Is there something I am missing? It appears that all the form record combos take the value of the first record when first opened, and the last to be updated otherwise. If I change one value in the lookup combo, then all of the other two update across ALL records in the continuous form!

Essentially I want to have the 1st combobox select one of four combinations for each of the two combos I am having trouble with, essentially the DB will then store the correct ID for the table specified by the selection criteria. I am wondering if I should abandon having one field per combo, and simply have four fields (two per combo) and then simply use the first combo to select (in code) which fields stores the ID value.

Quote Originally Posted by M Owen
    Using comboboxes in continuous forms requires that the combobox be boud to a column on the underlying form ... If this is done then you can set the rowsource for each row independent of other rows ...
    Last edited by alexcm; 10-14-04 at 11:50.