Unanswered: Is this possible with a label?

Is it possible in Access to create label that contains both static and dynamic information? For example:

I want to create a label that states "Thank you Mr. [LastName] for your business" - where LastName is a value stored in field. I'm well aware that I could use a separate label and a text box, but it won't work for this application. I need the string all on one line so that when I export it to MS Word, I don't have any line spaces.

Is this possible with a label or will I have to use some other control? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Use a textbox:

="Thank you Mr. " & [LastName] & "for your business"

HTH,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cpgospi
    Use a textbox:

="Thank you Mr. " & [LastName] & "for your business"

HTH,

Chris
    Thanks Chris, I think this will work great. The only problem I ran into is with the number of characters in the textbox itself. I'm including a bit more than a thank you and need about 400 characters or so to fit. Is there a way to make the textbox limit larger to accommodate the characters?

Are you getting any type of error? 400 characters shouldn't be a problem.
    (limitation of characters in a textbox is 65,535)

In Access Help, search on 'specifications'. This will give you limits for just about everything.

curious

Hi, I am looking to do something similiar as well. What would happen if you need to return to the next line. Is there a line break? Or will it automatically adjust to how you have it set?

If the problem is the size of the textbox, just make it bigger. You can size it by dragging the bottom dot on the border (when the textbox is selected) downwards or dragging the right dot to the right (sorry if you already know this). if the text is too big to fit on one line, it will automatically wrap.

Another option

Just in case anyone's interested...I dug up this link.

This site has a nice Mail Merge DB (with Word) on their site. It may make the formatting a bit easier. It's about halfway down the page:

http://www.attcanada.net/%7ekallal.m.../msaccess.html