Unhappy Unanswered: Help with update query

Does anyone know how to change the year in a date field? I have a Doctor table and in my field DATESCANNED I have dates (from a prior data conversion - before my time) that read M/D/10 that is not the correct year.

I would appreciate any help.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by klrclark
    Does anyone know how to change the year in a date field? I have a Doctor table and in my field DATESCANNED I have dates (from a prior data conversion - before my time) that read M/D/10 that is not the correct year.

Karen
    What do you want it changed to???
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

the correct year there is another field called PDATE that is the actual date the employee saw the doctor that would be the correct year that the form was scanned into the system.

Thanks,

Karen

UPDATE SomeTable SET DATESCANNED=DatePart(DATESCANNED,"m") & "/" & DatePart(DATESCANNED,"d") & "/" & DatePart(PDATE,"yyyy") ;

Thank you for the help but I'm getting a type conversion failure and my dates in the DATESCANNED field are being deleted.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Karen

Please Help with this query

UPDATE Doctor SET DATEREAD = DatePart("m",[DATEREAD]) & "/" & DatePart("d",[DATEREAD]) & "/" & DatePart("yy",[PDATE])
    WHERE DATEREAD between #1/1/10# and #12/31/10#;

I get an error that states a type conversion error occurred? All of the dates in the DATEREAD field are deleted that meet this where statement requirement.

Thanks,
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by klrclark
    UPDATE Doctor SET DATEREAD = DatePart("m",[DATEREAD]) & "/" & DatePart("d",[DATEREAD]) & "/" & DatePart("yy",[PDATE])
    WHERE DATEREAD between #1/1/10# and #12/31/10#;

I get an error that states a type conversion error occurred? All of the dates in the DATEREAD field are deleted that meet this where statement requirement.

Thanks,
    Karen
    OOPS!!! Try: UPDATE Doctor SET DATEREAD = CDate(DatePart("m",[DATEREAD]) & "/" & DatePart("d",[DATEREAD]) & "/" & DatePart("yy",[PDATE])) ...

Thumbs up

thank you for all of your help!

I finally realized what I was doing wrong. Access sees a date as dd/mm/yyyy. I just needed to rearrange the update statement to get it to work.

Thanks a million for your help.

Karen