Unanswered: ADO Connection Execute Hanging

I'm executing a stored procedure (Connection.Execute(Proc)) in SQL server on my ASP page and the procedure runs about 30 seconds. How do I execute the procedure, and then go to the next line of code right away? Right now, it sits and waits for the procedure to complete until it moves on.

err,... in standard asp using standard ado I don't believe you can. if anyone knows a way please feel free to prove me wrong.

You'd have to have a scheduler running.. You could have a DTS package that runs every few minutes that checks a table with a row that flags whether the SP should be run or not. Then you could use ASP to turn the flag on.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Yeah, you could do that. You wouldn't need to schedule it though. You could just set up a job and start the job running.

I've never been able to execute a DTS package through ASP. You?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

You can programmaticly create a DTS job using sp_add_job, but it would be a bitch to maintain. I guess I'll end up going with the schedule idea

I wouldn't create it programaticly, just execute it. Yeah Sepp. I have done it for a couple of projects that did alot of processing using dts.