Unanswered: Help! on Creating Forms in Access 2002

Hi,

I am currently creating a form in microsoft access, but since this is my first time, i am having some problems that I hope someone can help:

1. Foremost, I want to have the option in the form where if I click on a certain checkbox or select a certain value, certain parts of the form will appear or disppear.... I tried doing this with on_click event procedures and setting the visible field to "false", but the format looks weird after certain parts of the form disappears (i.e. leaves a huge space in the form)
    Can someone tell me a better way to do this?

2. If I create a form based on fields on a table (using the form wizard), then if I add more fields to the table, how do I update the form that I created previously (getting the form to add in those new fields without creating a new form)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thblue
    Hi,

I am currently creating a form in microsoft access, but since this is my first time, i am having some problems that I hope someone can help:

1. Foremost, I want to have the option in the form where if I click on a certain checkbox or select a certain value, certain parts of the form will appear or disppear.... I tried doing this with on_click event procedures and setting the visible field to "false", but the format looks weird after certain parts of the form disappears (i.e. leaves a huge space in the form)
    Can someone tell me a better way to do this?

2. If I create a form based on fields on a table (using the form wizard), then if I add more fields to the table, how do I update the form that I created previously (getting the form to add in those new fields without creating a new form)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Hi 7th,

I don't have as much experience as most on this forum, but I think I might be able to help you with #2.

There is always the hands-on method of grabbing controls from your toolbox and binding them to the new fields in the table, but I believe you can accomplish this pretty quickly. Go to View>Field List to bring up a window showing all of the fields in the Table that your form is based on. You can simply drag the new field from this window onto your form and Access will perform all of the binding for you. Please correct me anyone if I'm mistaken. Hope this helps you out 7th.