Unanswered: Remotely accessing database

I'm developing a VB app to manipulate data in a table. I've created an SQL server (local) and have successfully connected to and manipulated data in a database that I created. I would like to be able to run the app on another machine and connect to the same server. I'm having trouble determining what the server name is. Tried a few things but get the "server does not exist" message. Server is set to authenticate SQL server and windows.

Is this happening because my server is (local)? If so how do I change it to permit remote access?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Smile

if you have only one sql server in that box, than the default name of the sql server is the name of the windows box. when you try to connect from another box, make sure that the client box has sql server drivers, create a DSN that point to the SQL Server box (using windows server name or ip address), every thing should go fine from there.

C-Nag

Thanks! I thought there was a simple solution. I'm more familiear with MSAccess and should of thought of this. With access it would require the same.