Unanswered: Urgent: Storing MS-Word documents in Sql Server

Hi,

I have developed a Job Registration page, in which, the resume attached will be stored in the database in an image data-type field. Now, the client program includes migration of the database into local server and process the resumes.

After migration to the local database, if the client wants to process the resume and save directly to the database again, is it possible? This a very urgent requirement. Currently, i am separating the resume from the database and storing in a folder with the ID as the file name. But i want to convert it to a distributed application, which needs the resume to be in the database itself.

Can anybody suggest me the method to open .doc file from the database, process it and save directly to the database?

Thanks and regards,
    mrc

Set up a column of data type image or BLOB and save doc straight in there.

Urgent: Storing MS-Word documents in Sql Server

Thanks for the early reply. I am doing that when i upload the resume. If i migrate the same database to local server, is it possible for the client to open the resume from the database, modify and save the resume back to the database without saving the file on the hard drive? That is the clarification required.

Thanks and regards,
    mrc