Unanswered: Truncate or Drop through Forms ?

Hi,
    I am using Forms 6i on ORACLE 8i and due to some user requirements, I have to truncate few tables through FORMS 6i. After that I have to import new records in these tables from dmp file.

Can any buddy help me
    Thanks in advance...

make a stored procedure which performs dynamic sql (execute immediate or dbms_sql package) to do the truncate. call the procedure from forms.

Forms 6i does not work with dynamic sql, thats why it must be a stored procedure, not a local forms procedure.
    Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Club him over the head with a fish, he'll leave you alone.

I have tried creating stored procedure but theres compilation error. Does it accepts TRUNCATE command ?
    If possible plz, give me syntex for Truncating any table through Stored Procedure.

THANKS in advance

Quote Originally Posted by maliksarmad
    I have tried creating stored procedure but theres compilation error. Does it accepts TRUNCATE command ?
    If possible plz, give me syntex for Truncating any table through Stored Procedure.

THANKS in advance
    You must use DYNAMIC sql, please post the code that doesn't compile.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

sanity check here - I already said DYNAMIC, didn't I? I even specified either execute immediate or dbms_sql. What more do people want from me!!!!
    Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Club him over the head with a fish, he'll leave you alone.