Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Export through MS SQL Server

I am new to the MS SQL Server, is there any command that exports a Table form Microsoft SQL Server 7 to a delemiterd text file?
    Also, how could it be automated? i.e not form the GUI but through the schedule manager

Thanks

You can use bcp or DTS to export a delimited file. With bcp, you need to look up xp_cmdshell in Books OnLine (BOL), and build a bcp string to execute via a scheduled SQLServer Agent job. With DTS (visit www.SQLDTS.com for an opportunity to learn about DTS) you build the DTS package and then schedule the job to run via SQLServer Agent.

Provided Answers: 1
    Thank you for your help, I'll have a look....
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by hammbakka
    I am new to the MS SQL Server, is there any command that exports a Table form Microsoft SQL Server 7 to a delemiterd text file?
    Also, how could it be automated? i.e not form the GUI but through the schedule manager

Thanks
    If you are looking to export to a delemited text file, BCP can do the Job faster than DTS !! u could schedule it as well..

You can schedule dts. I usually save dts as stuctured storage files and launch them though the scheduler. dtsrun.

u r right Ebola!! u can schedule dts as well!! my choice was for performace when the export is to txt files... I prefer BCP for that...