Unanswered: Conditional Formatting (Colors) a Dropdown

I have a dropdown that lists Employees.

I would like to set a different color for each type of Employee in the Dropdown.

Eaxmple "Current", "Active" or "Inactive"

If the Employee Type is "Current", then I would want the name to appear in Green, if "Active", then Yellow, and if "Inactive", Red.

I canot seem to find any reference to conditionally format a Dropdown.. can this be done?

Thanks - AB

unless you find a 3rd party activex control or go into detailed windows control programming, you can't do that with Access.
    ghozy.

but you could add another column to dropdown that tells if user is current, active or inactive.
    ghozy.

Hi abinboston,

You can do ConditionalFormatting on your ComboBox, but this will only take place AFTER your selection is made. Not sure you can have set colors for ComboBoxes. But if you want to try it, in FormDesignView click on your ComboBox. Next, in the MenuBar click on Format, then ConditionalFormatting. Next for Condition1 place this:

[Field Value Is] [Equal To] "Current" and then just below where it says No Format Set, click the PaintBucket and choose your color.
    For your next two fields repeat the process as Condition2, and Condition3.
    Note: [Field Value Is] is a ComboBox that you select that from.
    Note: [Equal To] is also a ComboBox that you select from.
    Note: "Current" is just the open TextField you type your options in.

I hope this helps you out some but not sure it's really what you are wanting.

have a nice one,
    Bud

Oh, one other thing which is what I just found in one of my older databases. I wanted the user to see a color associated with a choice. So what I did was to make an OptionBox (RadioButtons) and for each Option (Choice) I had a Label right beside it with a Color pre-set. Now, that is an option you can think about as well.

tata Bud