Thread: Send Mail Task

Unanswered: Send Mail Task

We have jobs running successfully on one server. The jobs incluce a send mail step as one of the steps. We migrated the DB to a new server. I also migrated the jobs. Now the job is failing. We are getting error with the send mail task.
    The error says the stored procedure 'master.dbo.xp_smtp_sendmail' could not be found. I am not sure what is the problem. Please advise.

Thanks
    Radhika

That's not a standard stored procedure. You must have got that from an outside source. Go back you your old server and generate the script and apply it to the new server.
    Fred Prose

The procedure came from this site. You need to follow the instructions that came with the download. Scripting will fail because it's an extended stored procedure that cannot be scripted.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Thank you very much. It worked.

But the problem is if the receipients and sender are on different servers the eamil is not going. I tried to add two server names in the server parameter for this procedure. I am getting error message. Could we add multiple servernames? How to resolve this.
    Please advise.

Thanks

Any advises on this??