Unanswered: Report Format Question - Suppress Duplicates

Among other fields, I have first and last names on a report. I want to suppress duplicates for both the first name and the last name fields. I can do them individually, but how can I use both fields at the same time? (I have several people with the same last name.) Thanks.

you could put a fullname textbox and type into its control source:
    =[firstname] & " " & [lastname]
    then use this textbox instead seperate name fields. and you can supress duplicates on the fullname textbox.
    ghozy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom123
    Among other fields, I have first and last names on a report. I want to suppress duplicates for both the first name and the last name fields. I can do them individually, but how can I use both fields at the same time? (I have several people with the same last name.) Thanks.
    HI Tom and Welcome to the forum,

If you have your TextBoxes for both FirstName and LastName, in the ReportDesignView RightClick on those fields and see their property sheet. Click on the FormatTab if not already selected then go down to where it says:
    Hide Duplicates and change to Yes. Do that for both fields and I think that will get you the results that you are seeking.
    If your report is Grouped on these fields then take the TextBox from the GroupHeader and place in the DetailSection and then do as stated above.

hope you enjoy the forum...
    have a nice one,
    Bud