Unanswered: save record error in ms access 2003

We recently upgraded our frontend db to 2003 version. We have the same 'save record' buttons on all forms.
    In access 97 they worked fine....even if a user left the page...of course the record was saved...but they could also hit the save button if they wanted. Now if they click on save ...or even if they try to move on to new record...they get this:

The command or action 'save record' isn't available now.

What do I need to do to get this error msg out of there? They of course can move on and do things and record is saved but it's very irritating.

what is the code behind of the save button? can you paste it here?
    Last edited by ghozy; 10-20-04 at 10:53.
    ghozy.

delete the save button, if the record is saved this not necessary, or in case if you want let the user to know that the record is saved, display a label wich caption say 'record saved', or build a 'on error' routine.

I am not really sure, but could it be that the backend also needs to be converted ?

thanks for your help

Yes we have not converted the backend tables yet...still 97 version. I guess if 2003 'autosaves' all records anyway....I could delete the save buttons and put a msg on there then? I just don't know why they had save buttons in the first place though if records always autosaved even in 97 version?

sometimes the keep old things in new releases, so that programmers don´t have to change all the new method-approaches, and the program still works, but at a sudden time they kick it out, so version 97 up to version 2000 will still work but later versions doesn´t have the support of such buttons, that´s mostly why ... :-)