Thread: combo box query

Unanswered: combo box query

I've a continuous form showing Product_Code and Box_Type. I've got the box_Type control as a combo box which querys a table so that only box types which are compatable with the product_Code are listed. The query works apart form where I use [Forms]![Boxing]![Product_Code] to get the selected records Product code. It always comes back with the product code from the first record selected when the form opened no matter which record I access the combo box from.

Quote Originally Posted by ISLMAN1975
    I've a continuous form showing Product_Code and Box_Type. I've got the box_Type control as a combo box which querys a table so that only box types which are compatable with the product_Code are listed. The query works apart form where I use [Forms]![Boxing]![Product_Code] to get the selected records Product code. It always comes back with the product code from the first record selected when the form opened no matter which record I access the combo box from.
    I've got it working by adding code to the OnEnter event of my Box_type combo box control to requery the control.
    Me.Box_Type.requery