Unanswered: MySQL Querying Tool

Hi -

Let me begin by appoligizing if this question is in the wrong location or too generally stated.

We are evaluating moving a dbase from DB2 to MySQL. In DB2, we primarily used QMF as the reporting tool.

The MySQL dbase will be on Linux OS. Does anyone have any suggestions of a "web-based" querying tool that will work on this setup with ColdFusion MX? Business funcitionality must include:

* Import/Export to Excel

* Save/Share SQL and output on server to other users (i.e. Grant Select or Share = y)

* Prompted to enter values (i.e. date ranges, account #, etc) when executing SQL

Thank you. MD

Hello,

You can try PhpMyAdmin, which is a very good (and free) db browser/editor for MySQL, though I'm not sure it will provide all you need.

Regards,

RBARAER

Thanks for the reply -

In the lab I did test PHPmyAdmin and it did work fine. The problem is they (IT) want it to operate using ColdFusion MX instead of PHP.

I did see an appl called CFmyAdmin for ColdFusion. Is this worth looking into?

Thanks, MD

I don't know CFmyAdmin, but it can be worth having a look at it, and see if it offers the same functionalities as PhpMyAdmin.

Regards,

RBARAER

Thanks again for the additional responses.

MySQL Control Center unfortunately is client based. I need a web/server based application.

Anything else out there besides CFMyAdmin? My concern with CFMyAdmin is that it is relatively new and appears to be still under development.

Thanks. MD