Exclamation Unanswered: Beep with new record

I have an access database that I am using as a front end with links to tables on an SQL server. Our customer uses our intranet to do requests and the information is stored in the tables. Is there a way I can have a beep sound when a new record has been added. This will notify us that there has been a new request entered. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TPetersen
    I have an access database that I am using as a front end with links to tables on an SQL server. Our customer uses our intranet to do requests and the information is stored in the tables. Is there a way I can have a beep sound when a new record has been added. This will notify us that there has been a new request entered. Any help would be appreciated.
    Well is there anything that you can test to determine what is a new record? If so, then set up a timer and poll for matching criteria ... And do your beep.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Provided Answers: 1
    Just an idea
    In the timer event, store the recordcount in a static variable, then check the recordcount say every 10 min and compare it with the static varialble. If more then use DoCmd.Beep