Unanswered: sort by total number

I have a access database, one report print out the county and number of activity. Now the report is sorted by county, But user want to sort by total number of activity. I saw the access report can sort by the fields. But the number of activity is not a field. How can i sort by the total number. Thanks.

there must be away to do it, but my first idea was add a field with totals, and accummelate that in event procedure

Quote Originally Posted by yyu
    I have a access database, one report print out the county and number of activity. Now the report is sorted by county, But user want to sort by total number of activity. I saw the access report can sort by the fields. But the number of activity is not a field. How can i sort by the total number. Thanks.
    Go to your Sorting/Grouping in ReportDesignView and place the field for Total Number of Activity in it and sort either Ascending(default) or Descending.
    Whether you use a GroupHeader of Footer to place it in is up to you.
    See if that works for you.

Bud

but the total number of activity is counted in the page footer. I can't find the field in the sorting and grouping. That is my problem.
    Actury, i need describe more detail here. I have two tables, one called gereral, another called certification, In the general table, we have certification type , date and generalID, in the certification table, we have generalID and county, they are related by generalID, each county may have different certification type, We need to have a report that let user to type the date range. Then it will print a report, now i create a report is based on

County Certification Type sum(count of certificationtype)(this is refer to the count of each certification this couty have)

In the page footer, i also have sum(count of certificationtype).

For example, when user type date (between 10/1/2004 and 10/20/2004.the result like: (Please see attachment, as it change the format)

Now user want ot sort by the sum, so the howard will be displayed in the first, baltimore will be displayed last.
    Thanks for you help. Please help me again!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by yyu; 10-21-04 at 10:38.