I'm using the following query in Access. I use this query to add controls to a form.

SELECT QUOTE_DETAIL.Item_Number, QUOTE_DETAIL.Freight, QUOTE_DETAIL.Markup, QUOTE_DETAIL.Item_Description, QUOTE_DETAIL.Size_Description, dbo_ITEM_MASTER.MILL_NUMBER, dbo_ITEM_MASTER.MILL_COST, QUOTE_DETAIL.Price, dbo_ITEM_MASTER.PRICE4
FROM QUOTE_DETAIL LEFT JOIN dbo_ITEM_MASTER ON QUOTE_DETAIL.Item_Number = dbo_ITEM_MASTER.ITEM_NUMBER;

When I enter a value into the form [QUOTE_DETAIL.Item_Number] it should, and does pull up these values from another table [dbo_ITEM_MASTER.MILL_NUMBER];[dbo_ITEM_MASTER.MILL_COST].

Here's the issue, if the table that the data is being retrieved from is a sql table, as it is above, the data doesn't 'pop up' into the form immediately, the controls appear empty and I have to do one of two things...Advance 1 record and come back, or close and open the form OR insert a DoCmd.Requery command to update the data.

If Access tables are used in place of SQL the data pops up immediately as soon as the control is updated.

Does anyone know why this happens and is there a way around it? The re query command is clumsy.