Unanswered: New to Access 2002

Hi

My employer sent me to school to learn acess 2002, I have started fast track classes at a technical institute, although I'm learning alot, I seem to be learning everything except what I need in access to allow me to do my job. Based on the sophisticated Posts i read here i can see that my knowledge of access is rudementary at best, I'm basically in the early stages of learning , hopefully I can ask an intelligent understandable question. Basically this is what I'm trying to do. I work for a Respitory supply company which rents out Cpap Machines, nebulizers ect, These Cpap machines have servicable Parts which need to be replaced on a Regular basis. Theses Basic Servicable Parts are 1. Masks, 2.Tubing 3 Filters 4 Nasal Pillows 5. Chinstraps. The Masks are usually replaced every 6 months, filters 2months, pillows 2months. My task is to design a Database or query that will Tell me For Each Patient When these various parts need to be replaced. So if I set up a patient let's say John Doe today 10/21/2004, I would need a Query that will tell me when Each of the servicable items needs to be Replaced, so that I would know when John Doe gets new filters (every two months) masks (every six months) ect, ect,. So far I am in the early stages of designing my database, I have a Patients table, and a simple form to input patient information. I haven't had much time to study as I work full time. I would greatly appreciate anyone that could help me or guide me to information that would set me on track to achieving my goals .

this message will follow beneath
    Last edited by emiel; 10-21-04 at 08:05.

as far as i see is this dbase not very difficult to create, but most of the time during development you will encounter things you haven´t thaught about, or didn´t know. So first make a flowchart, or something like that, so you know your needs (data, relations, fields, forms, reports, printouts etc.) to get your goal. A good book I have used is "Access 2003 Inside Out" ISBN 0-7356-1513-6 (although it is 2003, it will explain a lot about access in general with lots of program-examples).