Unanswered: Using the SQL Update statement to make changes in an Oracle table from Access

I have the following code to update an existing record in an Oracle table from an Access Form:

Private Sub CMDUpdate_Click()
    Dim intRefrigID As Integer
    Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset

Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset
    rst.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection
    rst.Open "Update AFM_Refrig_Usage SET cf_id='" & Me!cboEmployeeNo & "',eq_id='" & Me!txtPM & "',reason_loss='" & Me!txtReasonForLoss & "',amount_used='" & Me!txtAmtUsed & "',amount_reclaim='" & Me!txtAmtReclaimed & "',Reclaim_Destination='" & Me!txtReclaimedDest & "',Refrig_Type='" & Me!txtRefrigType & "',VN_ID='" & Me!cboVendor & "',Amount_Purchased='" & Me!txtAmtPurchased & "',Date_Purch='" & Me!txtDatePurchased & "',Date_Used='" & txtDateUsed & "',date_start_inv='" & txtInventoryStartDate & "',date_end_inv='" & txtInventoryEndDate & "' where str(refrig_id)= '" & txtRefrigID & "'"

I put a break at the rst.Open statement and made sure all of the textboxes have data in them. I get no errors the Update button is clicked, but the changes are not written to the table. Have I left something out?

Thanks,

Sherry

perhaps the TYPE of recordset ... Is it Dynamic, ForwardOnly, etc ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I'm not sure what the default recordset type is in Access.

Sherry