Unanswered: Major problem with System tables

We have a problem with our system tables. We cannot drop user tables, getting varrious index not found errors. We get a 902 error when trying to do a runstats on certain user tables. We are running ver 7 fxpak 12 of DB2 on W2k. I'm thinking about creating a new empty identical database, exporting the data only, from the old database and importing it into the new one. Any thoughts or better ways to handle this?

Thank You

Provided Answers: 1
    I guess what you're suggesting is to try a random action hoping that it would fix an unknown problem. I think a better way to deal with the situation would be to try and figure out the real reason behind your error messages. May be all you need is some extra temporary space. Or your disk is failing. Or whatever.

You may want to export the database data to have a backup in case it goes boom - but trying to rebuild the database without knowing what caused the problem in the first place I think is just a waste of time.

We believe the errors started when we had an unexpected system shutdown during a Runstats. The IBM lab in toronto looked at our database but they were either unable or unwilling to help us. Since the failed runstats we have been unable to complete a successfull one. There is one system table which seems to always be resposible for the 902 error sysibm.syscoldist. This table also generates a lot of errors when we run db2dart.